On September 29th, 2015, Dr. Travis Fields and Dr. John Kevern conducted the first documented bridge inspection with the use of unmanned aircraft. The inspection... More
UMKC and SCE were honored to meet with National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE) president Tim Austin, P.E., F.NSPE, on September 17, 2015. SCE administrators... More
Our UMKC SCE Big Beam Team came in 7th nationally this year just behind 6th place MS&T. UMKC Big Beam faculty advisor Ganesh Thiagarajan notes, “The difference in top places was... More
Our Students Excel
- Rebecca May received the Best Paper award at a telecommunications conference in Belgium, a prestigious honor for an undergraduate.
- Sarah Withee and her team won the Best Mobile App award at the Hack the Midwest mobile app competition.
- The SteelRoos ASCE/AISC Steel Bridge Team has won the regional competition six of the last seven years.
Our Faculty Discover
- Dr. Reza Derakhshani – Developed biometric technology being commercialized by EyeVerify
- Dr. John Kevern – named one of Concrete Construction magazine’s “Most Influential People” for 2012
- Dean Kevin Truman – ASCE fellow, Bliss Medal recipient
Our Alumni Achieve
- Rajiv Chilaka – Founder of Green Gold Animation, India’s top producer of animated content
- Jeff Curley – part of the team at Infinity Ward that created Modern Warfare 3
- Len Rodman – former president and CEO of Black & Veatch
Our City Innovates
- Kansas City is one of seven “up and coming” innovation centers in America, according to The Wall Street Journal.
- Google Fiber selects Kansas City as the first city to receive its high-speed Internet service.
- Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to making Kansas City “America’s Most Entrepreneurial City.”