The School of Computing & Engineering awards more than $150,000 in scholarships each year. SCE scholarships are stackable and can be combined with other UMKC scholarships.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 31, 2017
Application information is updated in the Fall for the upcoming entrance term.
All Fall 2017 incoming students must complete and submit the application to be considered for SCE scholarships.
- Complete the SCE New Student Scholarship Application.
- Essay describing your educational and career goals, how a scholarship will benefit you and why you should be selected.
- Resume highlighting extracurricular activities, leadership positions held, work or volunteer experience.
- A letter of recommendation may be required (see scholarship application for more details).
- Email or mail completed scholarship application, essay, resume and letter of recommendation (if required) to the SCE Scholarship office by January 31, 2017.
- Some scholarships require an interview. Students will be notified if they are selected for an interview.
SCE awards scholarships to students in all academic classes (freshman through seniors). Once you are a student, several more upper level scholarships are available. Students must apply annually to be considered and the applications are available in October and are due March 1.
Visit UMKC Financial Aid and Scholarships to obtain a complete list of university scholarships. UMKC and outside scholarships can be combined with SCE awards.
Scholarships are awarded annually. Half of the award is applied in the fall and the remainder is applied in spring. SCE scholarships do not apply to summer enrollment.
All information listed above is subject to change as scholarship funds become available.