New incoming freshmen can apply for New Student Scholarships by completing the process outlined below. This application is due January 15 and is updated each Fall for the upcoming entrance term. Incoming students must submit this application to be considered for SCE scholarships.
Incoming freshmen should also visit the UMKC Financial Aid and Scholarships website to apply for university level scholarships and other forms of financial support.
SCE scholarships are awarded to students as all academic levels. As you progress as a student, several more upper level scholarships will become available. Scholarships are awarded annually. Half of the award is applied in the Fall and the remainder is applied in Spring. SCE scholarships do not apply to summer enrollment.
All information is subject to change as scholarship funds become available.
All incoming Freshmen students must complete and submit the application to be considered for SCE scholarships.
- Complete the SCE New Student Scholarship Application.
- Essay describing your educational and career goals, how a scholarship will benefit you and why you should be selected.
- Resume highlighting extracurricular activities, leadership positions held, work, or volunteer experience.
- A letter of recommendation may be required (see scholarship application for more details).
- Email or mail completed scholarship application, essay, resume and letter of recommendation (if required) to the DST Student Services Center by January 15.
- Some scholarships require an interview. Students will be notified if they are selected for an interview.