New incoming freshmen can apply for New Student Scholarships through UMKC’s online scholarship application. You MUST be admitted to UMKC in order to apply for scholarships. The scholarship application opens on October 15 and closes on March 1.
SCE scholarships are awarded to students at all academic levels. As you progress as a student, several more upper level scholarships will become available. Scholarships are awarded annually. Half of the award is applied in the Fall and the remainder is applied in Spring. SCE scholarships do not apply to summer enrollment.
By completing the online scholarship application, you are also eligible to be considered for university-wide scholarships.
All information is subject to change as scholarship funds become available.
Scholarships for Incoming Freshmen
SCE offers scholarship opportunities for incoming freshmen, including:
- KCP&L Scholarship: Must apply by January 15, be an Electrical & Computer Engineering or Mechanical Engineering major, have a 25 ACT composite. One scholarship is awarded each academic year to an incoming first year student and is renewable for up to four years.
- Dean’s High Achievement Award: Must apply by January 15, be a Civil Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology major, have a 25 ACT composite. One scholarship is awarded each academic year to an incoming first year student and is renewable for up to four years.
- High School STEM Involvement Scholarship: Must apply by March 1; open to all majors in the School of Computing & Engineering; must be an incoming first-year student; participant in Project Lead the Way, FIRST Robotics, Vex Robotics, or other STEM activity. Scholarships are renewable for up to four years if students maintain a 3.0 UMKC GPA.
All incoming Freshmen students must complete and submit the online application to be considered for SCE scholarships.
- Complete UMKC online scholarship application (opens October 15 and closes March 1). Be sure to complete the entire application.
- To be considered for the KCP&L Scholarship and the Dean’s High Achievement award, the application must be received by January 15.
- Some scholarships require an interview. Students will be notified if they are selected for an interview.